The village 7km from Tachov. Original name wae Chody or Chodová. After the Hussite wars the village started to call Svatý Kříž (Saint cross) and from the 1960 Chodský Újezd. At the village green there is Baroque parish church, mentioned in the year 1363 and rebuilt in the end of 18th century. In the lower part of green there are several examples of typical farm buildings of this area.